Welcome to the City of Atkins!

More than a just a place where people live, our community is unique and vibrant. This community is home to friends and neighbors, people who contribute to the excellent quality of life. But its not just the people, but also the government, the businesses, the schools, and the activities that make us a great place to live or visit. We are proud to call this our home.

  • Farmers Market August 9th and 23rd

    Farmer Market on August 9th and 23rd.

    From 5:30-7:30pm

    Atkins City Park

    To Join as a Vender email atkinsfarmersmarket@outlook.com

    or call Pamela 319-981-7755

    Farmers Market August 9th and 23rd
  • Crafters Connection is coming to Town

    Mark your calendars for November 17, 2018!

    Come see a collection of arts and crafts offered by some of Eastern Iowa’s best crafters.  You will find a variety of handmade items from some very talented people.  Shop for Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions or just because.  Watch for more details coming!  For more information or if you would like to participate contact Cindy Sevde at 319-560-6638.

    Crafters Connection is coming to Town
  • Atkins Women’s Club Welcomes you!

    Atkins Women’s Club will be holding their first meeting of the 2018-2019 year on September 12th, 2018 at the Atkins City Hall at 7:00 pm.  Any questions please contact Claudia Miner at 319-446-7351.  Some of our fundraisers include soup lunch in November and the Christmas Tour of Homes in December.  They also sponsor the annual Easter Egg Hunt, 3 Scholarships to local high school seniors and support our local parks & Library.  Get involved with your community, it is a great way to meet new people!

    Atkins Women’s Club Welcomes you!
  • City of Atkins News

    The Atkins Newsletter comes on the first Wednesday of the month inside of the Hometown Marketplace Newspaper.

    The 2018 Recycling Calendar! Yard Waste Pickup has started for the season!


    Click Here to see a copy of The City of Atkins 2017 Water Quality Report.


    It’s that time of year to register your golf cart!

    A Fee of $25 and proof of insurance should be submitted

    City of Atkins News
  • City of Atkins Mayor’s News

    Mayor Bruce Visser will be at City Hall on

    August 6th and 20th from 9am to 10am.

    As always anyone is welcome to attend council meetings

    The First and Third Monday of every month.

    City of Atkins Mayor’s News
  • Fall garage sales are September,15th 8-2

    To get your address on the map,

    please drop off your list of items,

    address, name and phone number

    with $3 by September 10th, at the

    Atkins Family Medical Clinic.

    Fall garage sales are September,15th  8-2